Friday 8 May 2015

Salted Egg Yolk Fries?! Give LeBan HK Cafe a medal!

The fiance and I chanced upon LeBan HK Cafe (2 Jalan Leban, Upper Thomson Road) when we headed around the area to buy my cat's wet food. I have read of its legendary salted egg yolk fries from some food blogs, so since the fiance was hungry, why not we pop in for a snack? 

LeBan HK Cafe, and coincidentally it's located at Jalan Leban.
 Since I was feeling a bit cold and I AM in a HK Cafe, I ordered their hot honey lemon drink. Can't go wrong with it since it's honey and lemon combined. Love the sweet and sour taste of this drink. Comforting drink indeed.

$2.20, look at the honey pooled in the bottom.
 The fiance ordered HK Milk Tea. which cameomes in a tin cup. Interestingly, when I went to HK, they always serve their milk tea in plastic cups, especially in the cha chaan teng I have frequented, so I have no idea why in SG they always serving it in tin cups.. maybe I have been going to the wrong cha chaan teng when I was in HK.
As authentic as it gets.
 Finally, the star of the show came. THE LEGENDARY SALTED EGG YOLK FRIES.

LOOK AT IT. OOOZZZZZINGGG with salted egg yolk goodness.

Whoever invented this gloriously, sinfully, fattening and calories inducing dish deserves a medal.
Salted Egg Yolk Fries, $6.50
I mean SERIOUSLY. HOW CAN ANYTHING SO SINFUL TASTE SO GOOD?!

The salted egg yolk clinging onto the crispy french fries, making it a soggy mess. One bite, oh my goodness, I can't even find the right words to describe it. And I love how they generously drown the fries with the salted egg yolk sauce. The salted egg yolk pork rice at Far East Plaza ain't got nothing on this dish (because I feel they always don't drench enough sauce on the pork). After we finished the fries, I know I shouldn't do this, but I was lapping up the remaining salted egg yolk sauce on the plate with my fork.

I'm telling you this, it's a massive waste if you do not give this dish a try at least once in your life.

I will definitely be back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment