Wednesday 5 March 2014

It's already March 2014

How quickly the days of 2014 flew right by. 

Looking back, on the last day of December 2013, I resigned from my job.

Then on the last day of January 2014, I left and have not looked back since. 

I felt free on that day. 

Why did I do that? It was a secure and adequate paying job. There was job satisfaction. 

But I was not happy. 

I felt like there was a noose tightening around my neck every single day..especially after an incident of sabotage in June last year. 

I had anxiety spells that kept me awake at night, I was paranoid, constantly looking over my back, worried that someone was watching what I am doing because I was seated at an area with a lot of human traffic, always anticipating someone to come up and ask what am I doing and how much workload I have. Often worried about who will throw more work at me and who will sabotage me. I often felt worried and nervous in the office. I hated feeling helpless, always sitting by allowing more work to be dumped onto me for fear that those people will sabotage me again if I said "No."  I also felt that my job satisfaction was dwindling by the day as my job scope kept changing. I also felt unsupported and overworked. 

Friends and family can see that I am breaking down. 

So when a new job opportunity came up, I took it up.

And haven't looked back since. 

After a vacation in Hong Kong, I started in February and told myself to be happy. 

To do my best and let go of the past. 

My current colleagues can still see signs of the paranoia and anxiety and they themselves told me to let it go. 

 And I told myself "I will." 

The past is in the past and whatever I went through will make me stronger. 

One important thing from my previous job taught me that it is up to me to change things. 

If I am sick of negativity around me, it's up to me to do something about it. 

I will not remain helpless like I was anymore. 

If I can't change things there, I can always leave and change for the better for myself. 

Thus begins my task in writing here again. 

Instead of doing the 100 Happy Days thing.. I will use this blog to focus on things I am happy and grateful for. 

And today, I am grateful and happy for having the opportunity to have a new beginning this year with a new job and new opportunities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment