Monday 10 March 2014

Reflecting on my awesome Saturday.

I just had the best Saturday for 2014...for now.

Saturday my dad, siblings and I went for lunch at Sushi Goshin by Akashi at Suntec City (#02-389/390/91/92, Suntec City Mall, 3 Temasek Boulevard).

The interesting thing about this place was that you can order directly from an ipad.

Their Nigirizushi are priced at one piece. Yes, you've read it correctly. ONE PIECE. Not a pair or a plate like many places. The only exceptions are their maki.


I noticed a few interesting flavours on their menu. We ordered a pair consisting of foie gras, unagi, squid and I forgot the last flavour. The four of us proceeded to share it.

The foie gras sushi went first. Despite the fact that it costs $4 per piece, it is one of the most orgasmic thing I have ever eaten in my life. The foie gras was grilled so tenderly that the meat immediately melts into your tongue and seeps into the rice... giving it this rich and creamy flavour. If I ever become a millionaire, I'll probably order this piece by the truckloads.

The unagi and squid tasted fresh. Which is expected, nothing to shout about other than the fact that when I go into a japanese restaurant I must have unagi. The other flavour which I think it's swordfish has a nice chewy flavour to it, but it is not something I am in a hurry to order again.


Next came the unagi maki. As I've mentioned before, I must have unagi. Ingredients were fresh, otherwise, it's unagi maki. I'm biased towards unagi so I have no complaints about this dish either.


Finally, my main course came, cha soba with tempura. The set costs $16 and it consists of tempura, cha soba, watermelon and a salad.


The tempura consists of two prawns, eggplant, sweet potato and a ladyfinger. It was crispy, not too oily and the batter literally melts in your mouth when you put it in the sauce. The cha soba tasted really refreshing especially after soaking it into the sauce mixed with spring onions and raw quail's egg.

I didn't manage to take photos of my siblings and father's meals.

Total bill for four lunch sets and three side dishes including drinks costs about $120+.

After that I went to meet up with one group of friends for high tea before heading over to FT Island's 6th Anniversary concert. My bias is obviously Lee Hong Ki, whom I think have the most amazing vocals.


Look at all the Primadonnas (including myself) going nuts when they finished their encore. Didn't get to take photos at all with my camera which I smuggled in because the guards and ushers were really on the ball. When I try to snap a photo of the stage itself with my handphone camera, they already came to stop me. Sigh. This is the only shot I have managed to snap.

Overall, the concert was definitely worth it. No choreographed dancing nor extravagant costume changes, stage lightings or set design. Just the band members in tee shirts and jeans with their instruments, raw vocals and charisma... only pausing for a sip of water or to have small talk with us (despite being breathless from jumping about and singing).

If you have never heard of FT Island, do listen to their music. It's something quite unique, especially Lee Hong Ki's soulful vocals.

I had a really awesome Saturday and I'm grateful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment