Sunday 13 April 2014

Annyeong haseyo Hansang Korean Restaurant!

Front of the restaurant at Turf City..
 that's my sister photobombing unintentionally. 
 Dad decided to drive the six of us down to Turf City to try the jjajangmyun which my sister absolutely SWEARS by at Hansang Korean Restaurant. It is righhhhhttttt at the end of Turf City.. kind of like a standalone restaurant except that it is still linked to Turf City.
The interior
 I walked in and the first thing I saw was the minimart. There is a minimart that takes up a small area of the property selling....... Korean snacks, instant noodles...basically Korean stuff. Then to the right, it's the dining area and I must say it IS huge. Looks like it can seat more than a hundred people plus they have private dining rooms as well.

My dad got down to ordering and the food came quite quickly. The first to come was some roast pork belly dish. I forgot it's name, but the pork was very, very tender. It fell apart when I picked it up with my steel chopsticks. Taste wise, considering the fact that they barely put any seasonings (or so I presume from the taste), I'm surprised it doesn't taste bland. It has this mild sweetness to the meat.


Next came the Jajangmyun. It's basically noodles in black bean sauce.. sounds gross but it tastes DAMN GOOD. I was slurping onto the noodles like a child.. but I feel no shame because it is so good. Definitely a must try.

Jajangmyun
 The seafood stew consisted of squid, prawns, flower crab, mushrooms, carrots, cabbage and well, as you can see, A LOT OF THINGS. But maybe it's just me, I find the soup too crabby for my liking. It is sweet yes, you can taste the freshness of the crab, yes.. everything in this stew is fresh, yes..but... it's just not my cup of tea.
Seafood Stew
 The ginseng chicken came next and it is pretty swell. Chicken meat falls off the bones nicely, meat is very tender (this is coming from someone who always only eats the chicken breast which is the toughest part of the chicken). The ginseng taste is just right.. I have tried some soup where the ginseng taste it's sooooo overpowering it kind of tastes gross, but this is nicely balanced.
Ginseng Chicken
 Now it's time for me to be bias, the Sweet Potato Noodles or Japchae is so so delicious. I love the sweet aftertaste that seeps into your tastebuds after the noodles slide down your throat. It is a dish that must be tried!
Sweet potato noodle
 The vegetable pancake came and I love the thick and tender consistency of the pancake. Some Korean places, the pancake is so soft that it falls apart when you pick it some, some it's quite tough to bite into.. it's hard to find one where they can properly balance it. This pancake is tough and crispy on the outside but soft on the inside. You can properly pick it up and it doesn't fall apart. Definitely a must try.
Vegetable Pancake
We ordered a grilled mackerel as well, which is very fresh (didn't manage to take a photo of it). Otherwise as mackerels go, it's ok. Below is the list of orders for 6 people. Total bill was about $170+. 
The entire list of orders
 And to end off this post, here's a photo of my new bob haircut today. Finally got my ass to the hairdresser to get my messy hair cut and tided up!


No comments:

Post a Comment