Thursday 9 April 2015

Belated birthday lunch at Marina Mandarin's Aquamarine

Celebrated Easter and my belated birthday at Marina Mandarin's Aquamarine. The fiance and I also took this chance to take a look around the hotel as Marina Mandarin is one of my choices for our wedding banquet. 

But that's another story. For now, let us focus on Aquamarine. One thing awesome about Aquamarine is their huge variety of food and the best part is, it's HALAL. 

Well, I'm not a muslim but I thought that will be an awesome fact as the variety is really, really fabulous. Take a look at the photos. 

Boston Lobster
Alaskan Crab Legs and Sea Whelks
Seared Tuna
Smoked Salmon
Mussels
                                     

A whole wheel of Parmesan Cheese

As it is Easter, they had Easter Themed Desserts 

Peach Mousse Cake.. too pretty to cut but some sadist cut off the bunny's face when I came back to look at it. :( 

Look at all the kuehs

Macaroons? Check, Tarts? Check. Fruits? Check.
Seabass

Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding
Yogurt Ice cream dispensing machine with a tree of ice cream cones. 
 The buffet also had fresh sashimi, sushi, local delights like chicken rice, indian food like curry, pasta, chicken kebab, steak, mashed pumpkin, lamb.. and the list goes on.. there were so much food that I gave up taking photos. Definitely worth a try.

As this is Easter, they also had a clown walking around making balloons for the restaurant patrons.

My mom told him it was my birthday, so he asked me what I wanted. I requested for a crown.

My aunt went "Why not a tiara?" I told her "A tiara means I'm still secondary to the king, hence I would rather ask for a crown." I'm such a realist. LOL.

Anyway he made me a crown, which I made my fiance wear.
Look at his unhappy face, he's worried that it will mess up his hair. *roll eyes*
The clown then asked me what else I wanted. I requested for a cat. And he made me.... a Hello Kitty. I'm sorry, but what is it with people assuming I might like Hello Kitty?! I know a lot of girls/women like Hello Kitty (god forbid, I can never understand the reason why) but I am one of the very rare few that can't stand it. In fact, I'm still smarting over the fact that my dad swapped my Zoukout EZ Link card for a My Melody one.. I was like "NOOOOO, WHY MY MELODY, I WANT MY ZOUKOUT CARD..." T____T I decided to just be grateful that he had the thoughtful intention to change my EZ card for me because he was worried my Zoukout one might be expiring.

Anyway I guess the clown meant well, so I'm grateful for the Hello Kitty balloon. Also took my nephew's balloons for the below photo... just for fun.

Me with my balloons
There was also an Easter egg hunt outside the restaurant. The clown dude went to change to an Easter Bunny costume and asked us to go out to hunt for the eggs. Well, it's mainly for kids but as my nephew and cousin are both below 1 year old... I was nominated to help them to 'hunt' for the egg. Felt pretty bad finding the eggs so quickly while the kids below 13 are searching desperately for the eggs. I found two and offered one to a boy hunting near me but he rejected me and said he wanna find one himself. Fine. So I gave one to my nephew and one to my cousin.

Overall, it was an awesome meal and an awesome Easter experience at Aquamarine. Felt like I was below 13 again in Primary School hunting for eggs during Easter. Miss the experience. Glad to have relived it again before I get married next year. Now that's one item off my imaginary bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment